Update from code view
You can now update your designs from code view... but should designers code? 😬
Sometimes dealing with deeply nested components can be tricky. Or you may want to paste code from your documentation site or shared by a colleague.
You can now update code in the code view, and see it update directly on the canvas.
This is the 'hot-reloading' your developer friends told you about! 🔥
Updates auto-save after 2s delay, or you can force save by hitting ⌘+S
- Big improvements in plugin performance including loading, adding components to the canvas, and updating component properties
- You can select specific versions of a library to use. It defaults to "Latest" which is the latest published version of the library.
- You can now include multiple component libraries at the same time.
Update text on canvas
To enable a more natural way of working in the design tool you can now update text properties directly on the canvas
Giving access to the code component properties within the plugin panel was great, but after observing designers update text on the canvas for the umpteenth time and being confused by our "Overrides found" screen , we knew we could do better. 🤦♂️
You can now update text directly on the design tool canvas, and we will apply the updates to the corresponding code component property. This is really cool when you see code being generated from design changes!
Better handling of large design systems for designers with deep knowledge of the system, and new designers to the team.
After launching v1 we realised we needed a much better interface to handle large design systems for beginners and advanced designers.
We now have a Search-driven interface interface with
- 1 panel mode for power users doing focused work 🙇♂️
- 2 panel layout is great for exploring your design system and seeing live examples of how the components work 🧐
- Keyboard navigation for moving around. This is great for adding components to Auto-layout frames.
We’re still iterating and improving on this, so please continue to share your feedback. 🙏